FlightNetwork has consulted over 600 world’s best travel journalists, editors, bloggers and agencies to create the most trustworthy and accurate World’s 50 Best Beaches list to inspire travelers and also help them choose their upcoming holiday destinations. Here are the Top 5 Best beaches and we have added the fifth one to our bucket list. What about you?
No.1 – Grace Bay Beach, Turks & Caicos
A must-see and visit beach for all visitors to Providenciales. Founded off the northeast coast of Providenciales, this pristine beach is the hallmark of the Turks and Caicos Islands. Once you arrived at Grace Bay Beach, you’ll know you have set foot on one of the most spectacular beaches in the world. The entire beach is consistently excellent, with clean water, white sand and no rocks, seaweed or pollution. The protective and remarkably colorful barrier reef, which sits 1.6 kilometers off the shore, keeps the ocean swells at bay, making the beach one of the most ideal places to soak in warm Atlantic waters. If you are looking for a truly unforgettable underwater adventure, you can take the short boat ride to the barrier reef that is just minutes away.
- Travelers can fly directly into Turks and Caicos via Providenciales International Airport.
- To get to Grace Bay, you can rent a car, hop onto public transport, or grab a taxi.
No.2 – Whitehaven Beach, Australia
Do you believe in love at first sight? Well, Whitehaven Beach will make you believe in that! Composed of 98% silica, the sand at Whitehaven Beach is some of the whitest and purest on Earth. Sink your feet into the sand and wade into the warm waves that gently lap the shore and you’ll soon realize why people come here from all over the world. Visitors can only access this 7 kilometers of coastline along the warm, clear waters of the Coral Sea by helicopter or seaplane to experience this spectacular island. Situated on Queensland’s Whitsunday Islands with an always comforting 27°C temperature, this stretch of sand backed by tree-covered mountains is a heaven on earth which one must see to believe!
- Traveler can fly directly into major airports in Australia. Once landed, there are quite few options to get to Whitehaven Beach, including boat, helicopter or sea-plane.
No.3 – Anse Lazio, Seychelles
Situated in the northwest of Praslin Island, Seychelles, Anse Lazio has often been described as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world thanks to its perfect mixture of pristine golden sand, crystal-clear water and impressive granite formations. With soft, golden sand and sunlit atmosphere, Anse Lazio Beach places visitors into their own tropical paradise. Crystal clear water and lush coconut palms backed by granite boulders create a setting that feels more like a dream than real life. The beach is known for its picturesque views and vivid colors. Fine white sands and gorgeous turquoise waters that are so clear you can watch the fish swim around you. Waters at an average 27°C draw visitors in for days spent snorkeling and swimming while the warm 28°C weather presents the perfect opportunity for exploration, activities, or a rest on pillow-like sands with a mimosa in hand.
- You can obtain cheap flights to Africa and then fly to Seychelles or to Madagascar. Canadian travelers can travel from Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax to Seychelles. Many flights from European destinations like London, Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin arrive at Seychelles International Airport near Victoria, and travel amongst the islands from there is easy.
- To get to Anse Lazio, the easiest way is by taxi or car. Avoid taking the buses unless you are up for a 20-30 minutes walking adventure from the bus stop to the beach.
No.4 – Pink Sands Beach, Bahamas
Harbour Island in the Bahamas is most renowned for its Pink Sand Beach. You’ll understand why Pink Sands Beach has a fairytale-like name as soon as you set foot on the beautifully colored pale pink sands. The nearly 5 kilometres of stunning coastline, saturated in golden sun and pink plush ground, will plant itself in your memory forever as it is unlike anything else you’ll see in your lifetime.
The pink color of the sand comes from microscopic coral insects, known as Foraminifera, which have a bright pink or red shell full of holes through which it extends a footing, called pseudopodia, that it uses to attach itself and feed.
Snorkeling and swimming are made safe and easy by outlying reefs, which provide large areas of relatively calm and shallow waters. Horseback riding on Pink Sands Beach is also a popular activity for honeymooners.
- Travelers can find flights to the Caribbean from all major countries in the world. The closest airport to Harbour Island is North Eleuthera (ELH) airport. From there, you’ll have to take a taxi to the dock, and then a water taxi to Harbour Island.
- Due to the lack of international flights directly to ELH, most tourists fly into Nassau and then get a flight from Nassau to ELH.
No.5 – Navagio Beach, Greece
This beach is on our bucket list after seeing it on the Korean drama “Descendants of the Sun”!
Navagio Beach will definitely dazzle your tropical dreams into reality as blue and white beauty immesh to create a shipwrecked oasis. In fact, you will not be able to get the clear, crystal blue waters and fine gravel sand off your mind for decades to come.
The remoteness of the island only adds to the spectacular and unique atmosphere of Navagio on Zakynthos Island.
The baby blue waters and towering golden cliffs absolutely enchant travelers with its exotic features and atmosphere. The shipwrecked Freightliner MV Panagiotis, washed on the gravel beach, only adds to the uniqueness of the paradise. The crisp 19°C weather and 20°C water welcome visitors into a new kind of tropical island meant to be experienced through vivid sights and slow strolls. Ethereal views capture your attention as you travel to the beach by sea, slowly becoming overawed by the beauty of this small island.
- Navagio Beach is accessible by first flying into the Zakynthos International Airport in Greece.
- Visitors can then rent a car or hire a personal driver on a quad or motorbike for direct access to Navagio.