When you are in Seoul, South Korea, don’t miss out the fun Trick Eye Museum which is an idea outing especially for family with kids!
The museum t is the world’s first AR (Augmented Reality) museum where paintings come alive! With the latest TRICKEYE app on your smartphone and the use of augmented reality technology, the artworks become more realistic than ever, such as the dragon in the painting will come alive spitting ball of fire when you use the app to take photo or video – pretty cool! Unfortunately, we only knew about the app when we purchased the tickets at the museum and the app took a long time to download….so, we gave it a miss but still had fun in exploring the museum!
- Download the TRICKEYE app from itune in advance as the free wifi at the museum is very slow!
- Using the app can exhaust your phone battery, so make sure you have a power bank with you!
- Purchase your tickets in advance via the klook website at a discount. Note that it is a fixed date ticket.
In addition to the Trick Eye Museum, the ticket also comes with the entry for the Ice Museum which is located inside the Trickeye Museum. The Ice Museum is bloody cold (-2 degree celsius!). It is filled with objects that are fully made out of ice, such as iced TV and couch, iced toilet, iced slide etc. Come prepared with a coat as it is really very cold in there after few minutes!
- 9am – 9pm (last admission at 8pm)
- Check out the Trickeye Museum website for the latest information
- Adults 15,000 won / Group 11, 000 won
- Children (under 18) 12,000 won / Group 8,000 won
- Fee include entry for Trickeye & Ice Museums
- Take subway to Hongik Station (Seoul Subway Line 2) and Exit 9.
- From the station exit, walk straight about 151m. Cross the first traffic light towards SPAO and walk towards Hongik University on the left. Make a right turn at TonyMoly corner and walk into the alley straight 105m until you reach the museum.