This is a real simple soup to prep for your lunchbox today and you can add any leftover cooked meat and vegetables from previous night dinner – throw them all into a little pot in the morning, let it simmers away while you get breakfast prepped and hair fixed ready for work! Or you can make this the night before and reheat the soup in the morning too.
- 4 cups Liquid – tomato or broth
- 1 cup protein, such as beans, leftover cooked meat, diced ham or sausage
- 2 cups vegetables, such as frozen peas, diced carrots, chopped spinach, diced avocado, minced onion, leftover cooked vegetables – any combination works
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 pinch salt
- Any extra add-ins, such as shredded cheese, herbs, splash of cream
- Put everything into a medium saucepan (except the add-ins) and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Stir in any add-ins if you like.
- Ladle soup into thermoses. Pack a bag of grapes or any of your favorite fruit to go too.