Homemade hot cocoa is surprisingly easy to make. Flavor yours with a drop or two of your favorite internal use essential oil for a fun new cocoa flavor.
Servings: 3-4 | Prep Time: 2 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 5 teaspoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia or 1 ½ teaspoon powdered stevia (amount of sweetener can be adjusted to taste)
- 1–2 tablespoons sugar or agave (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups almond milk
- Recommended essential oils: doTERRA Cinnamon Bark, Lavender, Wild Orange, or Peppermint
- Heat water, cocoa powder, and sweetener on stove until ingredients are smooth.
- Add vanilla and milk and bring to a simmer. Pour into your favorite mug.
- Introduce flavor by swirling a toothpick dipped in your favorite essential oil.
For extra creamy cocoa, replace the water with equal parts milk or almond milk.
We recommend the use of doTERRA essential oil in this recipe that is safe to ingest. Click here for purchase details.