Thinking of bringing a healthy lunch to school or work today? Try this healthy, delicious wrap recipe and have your veggies, protein, and healthy carb needs for the day!
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 whole package (12 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 12 whole medium strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 4 whole green onions (white & light green parts), sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 ounces, weight goat cheese crumbled
- 6 whole large whole wheat tortillas
- Place the chicken breasts in a large plastic storage bag. Seal the bag, leaving a small opening, then use a rolling pin to pound the breasts until they’re a uniform thickness. Pour in half the balsamic vinaigrette, then seal the bag and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After the chicken has marinated, grill it until it’s done in the middle, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly. Dice up the chicken when it’s cool enough to handle.
- Add the salad greens to a large bowl. Add half of the remaining dressing and toss it to coat the greens. Add more if it needs it. Add the strawberries, chicken, green onions, and pecans. Toss it gently a few times until it’s all combined. Top with crumbled goat cheese and toss a couple of times.
- Place an equal amount of salad down the middle of each tortilla. Roll up, then slice in half.
- Place the wraps in a lunchbox with some chips and extra strawberries to go!