These Ginger Shrimp and Mango Skewers are sure to become a tried and true favorite in the Summer or anytime!
Servings: 2-6 | Prep Time: 1 hour | Cook Time: 5 min | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 pound shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined with tails cut off
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½–1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 drop of doTERRA Ginger essential oil
- 3 drops of doTERRA Lemon essential oil
- 3 heaping tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 mangoes
- 7 ounces full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- Juice from zested lemon
- 2 drops of doTERRA Lemon essential oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place raw shrimp, olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon zest, garlic, essential oils, cilantro, and salt and pepper into a gallon-sized plastic bag and shake mixture until evenly coated. Marinate for 1–24 hours.
Note: Soak wooden skewers for at least one hour in water before grilling.
- Put all of the crema ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Note: The crema can be made hours in advance or right before grilling.
- Cut mangoes into chunks.
- Assemble skewers, alternating shrimp and mango.
- On a hot grill, cook the skewers for two to three minutes per side.
Tip: Only turn skewer over one time to create grill marks.
- Put skewers on a serving platter, drizzle with crema, and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Only turn skewer over one time to create grill marks
We recommend the use of doTERRA essential oil in this recipe that is safe to ingest. Click here for purchase details.