- 1 large eggplant
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil, plus more for oiling the eggplant
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 drop dōTERRA Coriander essential oil
- 1 drop dōTERRA Cumin essential oil
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, oil the cut sides and place on a baking sheet. Bake until very soft, 45 minutes to an hour. When cool enough to handle, scoop the pulp out with a large spoon and reserve.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add grapeseed oil. When it’s hot, add the ginger, Coriander essential oil, Cumin essential oil, fennel, cardamom, paprika, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the almonds and stir well, letting them toast a bit in the hot oil. Scrape into a bowl, add the eggplant pulp, coriander and mayonnaise and mix gently. Serve with cut vegetables, bread sticks or flat bread.
We recommend the use of doTERRA essential oil in this recipe that is safe to ingest. Click here for purchase details.