Looking for an easy weeknight dinner, but tired of the same old routine? Take a trip to Europe with this traditional German Schnitzel recipe. Pair this dish with mashed potatoes and veggies for a meal the whole family will love. Guten Appetit!
Servings: 4-6 | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 boneless pork chops
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 toothpick of doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- doTERRA Lemon essential oil
- Trim fat from pork and cut into ½ inch-thick cutlets.
- On a cutting board, pound cutlets with a meat tenderizer until they are about ⅛ of an inch thick.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, garlic salt, and paprika.
- In a second bowl, crack and beat the eggs. Add 1 toothpick of Black Pepper oil and stir.
- Pour your panko bread crumbs into a third bowl for easy dipping.
- Using a fork, dip pork cutlets into each bowl in order—first covering with the flour mixture, then the egg, and then the breadcrumbs. For less mess, allow excess egg to drip off before dipping in the bread crumbs.
- Add a layer of olive oil to a large pan and place on medium heat. Once oil is hot, add breaded cutlets and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. To check for doneness, slice through to see if juices run clear.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and a toothpick of Lemon oil and enjoy!
Serve with mashed potatoes as an authentic side!
We recommend the use of doTERRA essential oil in this recipe that is safe to ingest. Click here for purchase details.