Gardens by the Bay has been rated as the top 3 things to do or must see while you are in Singapore. The awe-inspiring 101 hectares garden is set in the heart of the city and comprises of three distinctive waterfront gardens (Bay South, bay East and Bay Central) and several attractions for visitors to discover and explore. Some of the must see attractions include:
Flower Dome Conservatory
At 1.2 hectares, it is the largest glass greenhouse in the world as listed in 2015 Guinness World Records. Be prepared to be amazed by the changing display of flowers and plants from the Mediterranean and semi-arid regions!
Cloud Forest Conversatory
When you enter the Conservatory, it is like entering a mysterious world veiled in mist! Cloud Forest is a 35 metres tall mountain covered in lush vegetation shrouding the world’s tallest indoor waterfall. With plant life from tropical highlands up to 2000 metres above sea level, you’ll enjoy learning about unique biodiversity and geology of cloud forests and the environmental threats they face within the nine unique zones of this Conservatory.
As you explore Gardens by the Bay, you can’t miss the massive iconic tree-like vertical gardens known as Supertrees. There are 18 Supertrees with the tallest measuring at 16 storeys in height. 12 Supertrees can be found in the Supertree Grove area. The Supertrees are designed with large canopies that provide shades in the day and visitors can walk on the suspended walkway between two Supertrees to enjoy a bird’s eye view of the gardens. In the evening, catch the sky show of choreographed lights and sounds at the Garden Rhapsody amidst the Supertrees.
There are more to explore at Gardens by the Bay and it is best visited during the evening so that you can watch the Supertrees light and sound show. Check out the garden’s website for more details and maybe add it to your bucket list of things to do while you next visit Singapore!
- Take the MRT (local subway) to Bayfront Station, Exit B, and follow the underground linkway
- Exit and cross the Dragonfly Bridge or Meadow Bridge to get into Gardens by the Bay
Operating Hours & Admission
- Daily: 5am – 2am
- Admission: Free
- Daily: 9am – 9pm
- Admission: Refer below information and click here for ticketing promotions
- Singapore Resident Rate for 1 Conservatory: Adult S$12, Senior $8, Child $8
- Singapore Resident Rate for 2 Conservatories: Adult $20, Senior $15, Child $12
- Standard Rate for 2 Conservatories: : Adult/Senior Citizen $28, Child $15
- Note: Senior (>=60 years old), Child (3-12 years old)
Other Useful Information
- The Garden is filled with signature festivals, music concerts, movie screenings, sports and community events, and educational workshops and school programmes. Check out the Garden’s calendar to find out what’s on.
- The Garden also offers a wide array of dinning options, from casual cafes to posh restaurants, all with interiors designed to reflect the splendor of Gardens by the Bay. Check out the dining selections.