The flavours of Spain and Italy shine in this easy and elegant sandwich. Love that this recipe maintains the complete integrity of the essential oil, as it is used in a raw application.
- 3 drops doTERRA Basil essential oil
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole roasted capsicum (either homemade or jarred)
- 1 large loaf ciabatta bread, halved horizontally
- 300g pecorino cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups baby rocket
- Add truffle oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and Basil essential oil to a small, flat-bottomed container.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add capsicum to the mixture and swill around in marinade until capsicums are thoroughly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavours some time to develop.
- To assemble the sandwiches, first add a layer of rocket, then a layer of pecorino, then the roasted capsicum.
- Top with more rocket and drizzle with the marinade.
- Top with the top half of the ciabatta and cut into individual servings.
We recommend the use of doTERRA essential oil in this recipe that is safe to ingest. Click here for purchase details.