This simple delicious breakfast idea will be loved by the kids as well as the adults!
- 12 strips sugar-free bacon (about 10 ounces)
- 2 red potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick, rounded ends discarded
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around the inside of each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin to create rings. Put 1 slice of potato on the bottom of each cup and divide the bell pepper pieces among the cups.
- Bake until the fat starts to render from the bacon (it will bubble in the bottom of each cup) and the bacon begins to crisp and turn light brown on the top edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven and crack an egg into each cup, making sure the yolk is inside the bacon ring. Continue baking until the bacon is crisp, the egg whites are cooked through and the yolks are still runny, about 10 minutes longer. Run an offset spatula around the edges and remove to a platter. Sprinkle with the chives and serve with hot sauce if desired.