Thinking of what to make for your lunchbox today? Make this flaky white Tilapia in a crunchy, no carb crust with a kick for your lunch at work and save some for dinner! The homemade Adobo spice keeps this recipe almost no carb at only .25 net carb per serving.
- 16 ounces tilapia
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oregano, ground
- 2 tablespoons adobo
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For Adobo Spice
Mix equal amounts of onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, oregano, cumin, sea salt and black pepper.
- Preheat an oven safe skillet to medium high. Add olive oil, coating the bottom well.
- Rinse Tilapia in cold water and pat dry. Coat both sides of the fish with the Adobo Spice mix.
- Place fillets in the skillet. Cook 6 minutes on each side. Add the lime juice after the fish is flipped.
- Sprinkle black pepper and grated parmesan cheese over fillets. Place skillet in the oven, broiling 1 to 2 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes before crispy.
- Place in a lunchbox with some steamed broccoli and a slice of lemon to go.